Notice of 7 September 2021 – concerning the Second Act to Simplify and Modernise Patent Law (Zweites Gesetz zur Vereinfachung und Modernisierung des Patentrechts) of 10 August 2021 and the Act on Further Duties of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and to Revise the Patent Costs Act (Gesetz über weitere Aufgaben des Deutschen Patent- und Markenamts und zur Änderung des Patentkostengesetzes) of 30 August 2021 – Contents of the notice
ドイツ特許商標庁（DPMA）、特許法等公布に併せ今後の業務の変更点などを公表 – JETRO デュッセルドルフ事務所
The Trade Mark Act, the Trade Mark Ordinance (Markenverordnung) and the schedule of fees are brought into line with the current legal situation of the Madrid system (sections 107 et seq. of the Trade Mark Act, section 25 No. 31, sections 43, 45 and 46 (1) of the Trade Mark Ordinance, Part A section III No. 5 of the annex to section 2 (1) of the Patent Costs Act). Since 31 October 2015, all members of the Madrid Agreement are also members of the Protocol to the Madrid Agreement. Due to the fact that the Protocol to the Madrid Agreement takes priority over the Madrid Agreement, the international registration of marks is now only governed by the Protocol to the Madrid Agreement. This is taken into account by the amendments.
b) Clarifying the calculation of the duration of protection in the Trade Mark Act (entry into force: 18 August 2021)
The provisions on the duration of protection in the Trade Mark Act and in the European Union Trade Mark Regulation will be completely harmonised as regards their wording. In order to facilitate the calculation of the time limit, it is clarified by means of the harmonisation that section 47 (1) of the Trade Mark Act – just as the European Union Trade Mark Regulation – refers to a time period that is triggered by an event. The calculation of the duration of protection will not be changed as a result of the amendment.
For the conversion of a European Union trade mark into a national trade mark, what is known as the “three-class model” will be reintroduced into the fee system (part A, section III, No. 5 of the annex to section 2 (1) of the Patent Costs Act). Under the up to now applicable "one-class model", the conversion of European Union trade marks into national trade marks results in higher fees compared to a national trade mark application, for which the "three-class model" applies, although the examination effort is basically the same. This will be remedied by the amendment.
- 2016年4月5日 ドイツ特許商標庁（DPMA） 商標_動画（リンク） 1.ドイツ特許商標庁（Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt）、3;25 2.ドイツ特許商標庁のサイトの利用法、1:04 ドイツ特許商標庁（DPMA)Deutsches Patent- und […] Posted in 商標動画・外国, 商標動画・外国知的財産機関
- 2021年9月7日 商標登録insideNews: “A quantum leap forward for Fiji brand protection” – praise for first new Trademarks Act in 90 years | World Trademark Review At present, the Fiji Trademarks Act was implemented in 1933 and was based on the UK Trademarks Act of 1905. It has broadly remained unchanged ever since. The biggest issue for modern […] Posted in 🆕 商標_最新情報
- 2021年7月3日 Rat für Formgebung (German Design Council) 商標_動画(embedded) vol.4 1.German Brand Awards 2021: Awards show and German Brand Convention, 1:05 2.German Brand Awards 2021: Awards show and German Brand Convention (full length), 2:26:35 3.German […] Posted in 商標動画・協会団体, ▶️ 商標関連動画
- 2021年6月16日 商標insideNews: SHOP SAFE Act Reintroduction Welcomed by Apparel and Footwear Industry | aafaglobal.org The American Apparel & Footwear Association welcomed the reintroduction of the SHOP SAFE Act today. The bipartisan bill establishes trademark liability for online marketplace platforms […] Posted in 🆕 商標_最新情報
- 2021年6月1日 商標登録insideNews: New Procedures and Rules for the Trademark Modernization Act | natlawreview.com The Trademark Modernization Act of 2020 (“TMA”) was signed into law at the end of last year, and we recently provided an overview of three key provisions practitioners and […] Posted in 🆕 商標_最新情報
- 2021年4月21日 商標登録insideNews: Germany Introduces A New Wine Hierarchy Based On Geography | Forbes On January 27, 2021 the new German wine law came into force. It introduces a new kind of hierarchy for German wines based on its geographic origin. In a way it can be seen as a remodelling […] Posted in 🆕 商標_最新情報